Why Advertise in Phoenix?
We've said it before and we'll say it again: nobody knows the Phoenix market like we do. (When you've been around for 125 years like we have, you learn a few things.) Which is why we've compiled a few helpful stats about our market, including population, housing, retail, tourism and employment. Why are these things important? Because a healthy market is an active market - and that's just good for business.
Phoenix is a growing market, home to more than 4.5 million in population and ranked 12th amongst major metropolitan areas in the nation.
- CNBC ranked Arizona is 2nd in workforce in 2014
- CBS News ranked Phoenix 17th among top 20 U.S. cities for tech startups
- Phoenix was 10th on CNN Money’s fastest growing cities
- AZ ranks 2nd in the nation for solar installations
- Phoenix is 14th in the U.S. for Healthcare jobs
- Biomedical jobs are growing three times faster in Greater Phoenix than the national average
- Between 2007 and 2010, Greater Phoenix employers created almost 20,000 jobs in healthcare/personalized medicine
- Phoenix is in the Top 10 for financial services employment
- Phoenix ranks 3rd in entrepreneurs per 1,000 people
- Inc magazine ranks Phoenix among the top 20 cities in the country for start-ups
- Arizona State University is #2 in global student entrepreneurs
- Arizona State University was ranked at #2 in the nation among up-and-coming schools in the 2015 U.S. News and World Report Best Colleges Rankings
Sources: Nielsen 2015, Greater Phoenix Economic Council, ASU
- Between 2000 and 2015 the Phoenix metro population grew by 38%
- By 2020 Phoenix metro population is forecast to grow by 7%
Source: Nielsen 2015
- In the Phoenix metropolitan Area, 70% of median income households are able to afford median priced homes
Source: NAHB/Wells Fargo Housing Opportunity Index
- Phoenix metro retail taxable sales in 2014 were 7% higher than the previous year at over $40 billion dollars year-over-year basis
- Retail taxable sales are expected to continue to improve in 2015, increasing by over 6%
Sources: Arizona Department of Revenue, Greater Phoenix Blue Chip
Tourism is Arizona's top export-oriented industry and directly impacts all 15 counties. By generating thousands of jobs, millions of dollars in earnings, and billions of dollars in tax revenues, tourism is vital to Arizona's economic vitality.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor serves more than 100,000 passengers, with 1,200 flights, and a daily economic impact that surpasses $79 million for the Phoenix metro area
- The METRO Light Rail system features a 20-mile starter line with 28 stations and on average serves over 43,000 riders daily
Sources: Arizona Office of Tourism, Valley Metro
- Unemployment rates for the Phoenix metro at 2014 year end led the nation at 5.9% among other major metros
- Arizona is projected to gain over 119,000 jobs, representing a growth rate of 2.1% over the next two years
- Of the 200,000+ jobs lost throughout the recession, the Phoenix metro has recovered over 90% of the positions in the past 4+ years
Source: Arizona Department of Administration
View our current and archived Market Alerts